Tuesday, June 3, 2014

... Guest Post by @LilyandJinks ...

Continuing on with the months theme of "Things I like", it's time for a Guest Post!!! Now it's been a long while since someone came over to do one but I've definitely missed showcasing the fantastic work that others create for the world to see!!! Todays post is the fantastic nails that is lilyandjinks over on Instagram. Seriously clicky click click and check out her work as it is divine!! Her link is http://instagram.com/lilyandjinks

*** *** ***

My name is Sylvia and normally I post my manis solely on my Instagram account, @lilyandjinks. I was very excited at the chance to write a guest post for Sarah Claire, whose blog I’ve been enjoying
immensely for the past year and a half. So, welcome to my first official nail related blog post!

I wanted to do something special for today’s post, so I’ve opted to combine two of my favourite nail
art techniques, stamping and water marbling. I discovered this combination around Halloween last
year when a marble went terribly wrong. Rather than removing it and starting over, I tried stamping
over it and was delighted with the result.


The great thing about this technique is the marble does not need to be uniform or precise. To start
with, I marbled two fingers at a time using China Glaze Escaping Reality, Happy Go Lucky and Shore
Enuff. On the whole, I’ve found China Glaze crèmes to be excellent for marbling.


After applying top coat (I use HK Girl Glisten and Glow) I then stamped with one of my all-time
favourite images, MM20 from Messy Mansion, using Konad White. I really like how the openness of
this stamping image lends itself to a myriad of different colours, backgrounds and techniques.


Finally, a big Happy Blogiversary to Sarah Claire. Three years is quite an achievement! Thank you for
having me as a guest. Can’t wait to see all the other exciting things happening this month

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous - just love everything about this design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fantastic aren't they @Theresa!! I'm loving them very much indeed :)

      Delete

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews