Monday, January 27, 2014

... Aussie Nail Monday - Flowers ...

Hurrah! It's AN Monday again. Todays theme is "Flowers" and I've been thinking about this design all week and I'm so glad that it worked out.


This is Pretty Serious Forbidden Fruit with pretty reverse stamp flowers using Pretty Serious The Pink One! YAY!  Originally I was going to go for a rainbow of colours but who can say no to the beauty of this pink polish! So pretty. So summer!


I had to take advantage of the Aussie sunshine for the top photos! It's supposed to be rather hot today but I've been couped up inside for a week now and I wanted to get some fresh air! I love how striking the flowers are against the background and I really like how summery it feels! And here is an indoor shot for you aswell!


The best thing about reverse stamping is that you don't have to do it in one sitting. I did the flowers over a few days and I chose to use MoYou Suki Collection 01 plate.

Now these giant image plates have been released from MoYou with the idea that you can get a whole different look from each section of the plate.  All these flowers are the 3 on the bottom left of the plate. All of them!  After stamping them onto baking paper (ie wax paper) and filling in the colour, I individually cut them out and placed on my fingers. It was a bit fiddly but if you have a good pair of tweezers life is easier! I really recommend painting your nails with a regular top coat to hold them down when placing and when you are satisfied, go over the whole lot with your fave top coat (I used Seche Vite)


I'm glad I gave this a go as this is probably my fave mani this year! I'm definitely going to give the rest of the designs on this plate a go soon!

Wanna see more Aussie Nails? Check out these links or check out #anmonday on Instagram!

Lily Jinks - @lilyandjinks
Ann - Nailovelogy
Tracy - @oliviajade19
Holly - @nails_by_holly
Naomi - @nadeekay and Nananaisnails
Erin Wu -  @erinzi and Erin Zi’s Nails
Astrid - @lovessweetas
Sarah Claire - @shattermeclaire or Shatter me Claire
Sylvie - @smudgedpolish
Tammy - @ohmygoshpolish
Christinemay - @xtinemayyy or Nails at 2am
Tash Birch - @tashisdead
Briana -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews