Tuesday, February 21, 2012

... 7 days - 7 ways! Day 2 ...

7 days - 7 ways! 
Day 2 - Shattered Look
Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat - Antiqued Gold
Call it what you want ... crackle, mosaic, shatter ... it's all the same. This craze has been and gone overseas but has been hitting the shelves here lately and more people in real life have been asking about this lately so I wanted to include it in this series.  Personally I don't mind the look but there is only so much you can do with it before you become bored.

This is Antiqued Gold which is a bit different than the regular crackles as it's a metallic and brings something a little extra to the party. I personally find with the Sally Hansen range to wait until your polish underneath is completely dry before adding the crackle. In this case it was left overnight before applying. Results will always vary and you'll never get the same result which can be frustrating if you get little to no crackle happening.
I found that the gold worked well with the bright pink and even in the spots where I didn't get a great coat coverage you can still see the pink peeping through. Heads up to try and not get this on your skin when painting as those little metallic glitter particles like to stick around and are a pain to remove even with remover.

I've so far found the range of Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoats at Target and Priceline.

2 comments:

  1. Nice - I love metallic crackles. In fact I didn't wear them too much last year so I still really love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think that's the key - you can wear yourself out with them if it's a constant thing. I have no dramas with pulling them out but usually it's to cover up some chipping from an existing mani!

      Delete

Thanks for the comments - they always make me feel loved :)

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews